Monday, March 16, 2009

Advertisements

Dear blog readers, I have come up with a decision after giving much thought about it. It is not 'I am going to stop writing' or something like that. I wont give you happy news like that. Ever. It is about one of the most irritating things IMHO. The decision is to, have Google Ads in my blog pages. Before taking any decision, please read through this post.

The first thing I want to assure is: I am NOT expecting my friends to click the ads. I am NOT expecting to become rich out of this. Then why in the world should I have them in my site? Just to experiment what is there in it and how it works. I will NOT have the ads in this main blog I have. I will only have that in my favourite dialogue blog. This blog will remain as pure as it is.

The average visits for my blog sites are around 150 per month. I know about 20 of my friends who visit my blog. All others are some anonymous visitors who visit the page from Google search. Why I am telling this is, to emphasize that, what I am doing is NOT out of an expectation from my friends. Why I keep telling is, I use to get offended if a blog site has Google ads. I don't know why, I used to get it. I don't want any of my readers to get offended.

I have heard a lot of times my friends saying that, 'Your blog is for what you feel like writing or having. You don't have to worry about what others will think'. But I feel it in a different way. I feel that I am honored when my friends (or anyone else) visit my blog. I would like to do whatever in my power to keep them visiting my blog. That said, I would like the finish this post with a small ancient story in Tamil. This story is supposed to have no relevance to this post :), and I am just telling this here.

An old woman who is very poor finds a new business, selling 'curd'. She invests all her money and buys a clay pot and some curd, getting ready for the first day business. She falls asleep and gets a dream: 'She sells all the curd and makes some good money of it and then she invests that money and makes more money out of it and more and more money out of the business. She becomes so rich that she has got a lot of servants. One of the servants when serving her, is not good and that she kicks the servant out of anger.' All these things happen in the dream and in real she has kicked the clay pot and lost all that she has got.

1 comment:

vijay said...

If I have to relate the story, I think you have bought google in your dreams and retired google adsense :-)