Thursday, January 10, 2008

Water, the elixer of life!

The problem with my blogs is that, I tell what everyone knows and what everyone is tired of hearing. But what else could I do? I could not find anything unique to talk about. So, let me tell what everyone knows in a way that not everyone knows (oxymoron?). The unique advice is, drink water! (how is it? you could never have heard this advice :D)

The reason why I give so much of importance and spend a decent amount of time (in vain), is that, I learnt a lesson and I wanted to share it. May be a life lesson, who knows. In the recent times, I am spending quite a lot of time in front of a computer. Actually, I spend most of my time in front of the computer, but in recent times, it is very high! And obviously, my intake of water level has come very down. Drinking water when I have breakfast, lunch and dinner and before going to sleep.

Didn't realize the effects for some time. Spending happily a lot of time in front of a system. My eyes got affected (many may think: wow, what a discovery? bull-shit, don't I know that?). But, my eyes got affected in a different way. It was watering and I was not able to continuously look at the monitor. Water kept coming out of my eyes. Horribly distracting. I was wondering, if my eyes got weakened, it should pain. It should not behave like Niagara.

Luckily I got a forward mail. I usually do not read forward mails (click here to find how much I hate forward mails), but that one I read (may be because I did not have any work at the time) which compared the Water and Coke. I thought of deleting it right away, but it said about the goodness of water, with some valid points. As I kept reading, I saw that "
A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen or on a printed page".

Though it is my policy, never to believe anything that comes from a forward mail, I took that seriously and started drinking water madly. Every now and then. As much possible. And you may not believe me, I felt better. My eyes don't water now. May be it is because of something else... or mere psychology.... I do not know. But I think drinking more water could not harm us, but if we take less, we will surely suffer.

[P.S.: We can have a habit like this, to drink a lot of water, I mean a lot of water, whenever we visit rest rooms (of course, not in the rest room... but where you could get drinking water :)). In that way, we will have to visit rest rooms often and drink water often. It may also help us for avoiding back-pain by not continuously sitting and also, it could give us a break. Your views are most welcome! Let me go and have some water.]


[A.P.S.: One of my collegues said that I even became fair. I was happy; that, my theory is right. His intake of water should be less :D and that his eye sight has terrible problems (A.P.S. = Another P.S.)]

No comments: