I don't know if anyone else will ever need such a program, but I wanted to share it. You can get the program from here (https://www.box.com/s/0cq2o43tq5so97k4wcnr).
- You will need latest Java Runtime Environment 1.7
- Download the file and double click on it. It should work.
- If it does not work (or the file gets opened by WinRar or WinZip), don't panic :)
- Open Command Prompt (Start -> Run) and type cmd
- Navigate to the location where to downloaded the file (cd give-file-location-here)
- Type java -jar FileRenamer.jar and press enter
- A disclaimer will be shown. Press OK to continue. Pressing Cancel or Esc will exit the program.
- A File Chooser will be shown. Choose the folder in which you have the files which need to be renamed to no-number file names.
- Tadaa... A summary will be shown and all the files would have been renamed.
- This program is given for free without any warranties. (I tested it in Windows 7 with Java 1.7)
- If it does not work, I am sorry for your time.
- Just to be safe, take a back up of the files and then run the program. Once you verify that everything is all right, you can remove the backup.